Compact Digital DJ Controller with Touch-sensitive Knobs, Replaceable Mini innoFADER Crossfader, Onboard 4-in/4-out USB Audio Interface, and Serato DJ
Akai Professional AMX Mixing Surface for Serato DJ
The Heart of Your New Serato DJ Rig
If you’re putting together a modular Serato DJ rig, then the Akai AMX mix controller is an excellent choice for you. Whether you’re a modern controllerist, an old-school turntablist, a working event DJ, or a DJ who like to travel light, the AMX is an ideal centerpiece for your rig, or possibly the only piece of hardware you need. There are controls onboard for all the essential mixing and EQing functions you need to access directly, plus a solid transport and browser section. What’s more, Akai includes a full copy of Serato DJ, so you’re ready to get rolling, right out of the box.
Epic control packed into an extremely compact package
You may be considering the AMX as the centerpiece for your new modular DJ rig (which is an excellent use for this gizmo, to be sure), but Akai packed so much functionality onto this beast that it’s actually powerful enough to be your only hardware, so long as you don’t don’t need to pull off anything fancy. There are basic transport controls available for two decks onboard the AMX, plus browse and load controls. And thanks to the shift control, many of the AMX’s controls serve multiple functions, allowing you to get even more options out of a small footprint.
High-tech hardware enhances your hands-on experience
Akai outfitted the AMX Serato DJ controller with two very cool pieces of technology we’re sure you’ll appreciate when you perform. First, there’s its full set of capacitive EQ knobs, which provide you with Touch and Twist Modes. In addition to the standard Twist Mode, Touch Mode lets you kill each frequency band when your finger makes contact with its control knob, which makes isolating sounds for transitions and buildups easy. The other cool bit of technology onboard is the replaceable mini innoFADER crossfader, which glides like butter under your fingertips and offers you a continuously variable curve control, making it easy to dial in the feel you need. There’s even a fader reverse switch onboard.
DVS-ready audio interface supports Serato NoiseMapSay you just need a simple mixer interface for your timecode vinyl rig so you can take advantage of Serato DJ without giving up the analog control you know and love. addition to its awesome control set, the AMX comes equipped with a simple USB audio interface that’s compatible with Serato’s DVS (Digital Vinyl System) add on (not included), so you can hook up your turntables, toss on a pair of Serato Control Vinyl records, and go to town. Beyond that, the AMX includes both main and headphone outputs, so if you’re traveling light, there’s no need to pack an additional interface. Akai AMX DJ Controller and Audio Interface Features:
- A compact and all-inclusive DJ controller/interface module designed for Serato DJ
- Plug and play with Serato DJ (included) – no upgrade purchase required
- Provides total Serato NoiseMap capbility for Serato DVS (not included)
- 2 line faders provide gain control and tri-color LED metering for two deck setups
- Pro-grade, adjustable mini innoFADER crossfader with reverse switch onboard
- 2 sets of line/phono inputs accommodate Serato DJ NoiseMap (timecode) signals
- RCA audio outputs let you send your mix to a PA or monitoring system
- 3-band EQ per channel with dedicated filter knob
- Touch-activated knobs let you perform EQ kills and filter sweeps
- Dedicated cue mix and cue gain knobs feed the headphone output
- Rotary-push knob for seamless library navigation and track search
- Load, search, transport, cue and sync buttons for each deck
- USB-powered and low profile for simple setup and total portability
Build your Serato DJ around the highly portable Akai AMX!
|Faders||2 x line faders|
|Crossfader||Adjustable Mini innoFADER with Reverse Switch|
|Inputs||2 x stereo RCA|
|Outputs||1 x stereo RCA, 1 x 1/8″|
|USB||1 x Type B|
|MIDI I/O||via USB|
|Included Software||Serato DJ|